What Truck for lowest depriciation

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by gary2, Dec 1, 2017.

1. gary2

gary2 New Member

Hi,

New to the forum, looking for opinions on what I should target for a 4x4 pickup as a second vehicle. I will not be putting a lot of miles and do not need a late model with any tech features. I'd like to get something that will give me the best resale value 5 to 10 years from now. Preference is for a crew or extra cab, but, woudl not completely rule out a regular cab. Leaning towards full size, but, could go compact. Standard 150/1500 size is fine, now need for heavy duty. Looking to keep the price in the 15k range and below 100k.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,,

G

2. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    No one can predict the future.You could start by looking at vehicles that are already 10 years old and see how their resale value is not compared to when new.

MikeG likes this.
  3. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    5-10 years from now the value of the truck is going to go down you will not get more out of it then what you put in. In that time frame the value of trucks could go up or down. Up north for example 4x4 trucks are a dime a dozen and get good deals on them but due to salt on the roads they have alot of rust, down south 4x4 is not really needed no demand for them they are valued higher and are cleaner unless one has abused it and beat it up taking it off road.

MikeG likes this.