What have you done to your truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by chevychase, Dec 18, 2011.

1. JTWard

JTWard Full Member

I'm retired.
    I live very close to the Delaware border with S.E.
    #3071 JTWard, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

Boy you said a mouthful. My mother died while I was in Vietnam, Father died when I came home, I really wish I had just ten minutes with them now. Now my ex-wife is getting dementia. She's 9 years older than me and she forgets to do all sorts of things and since I'm power of Attorney, I can fix things, but it's a real pull. When you have to explain things 10 times it's trying. But I loved her and it's my responsibility and her family don't even care if she's alive. It's a shame, she treated them like royalty. When the time comes, I'm not going to waste my time and even call them. They haven't called her in ten years, so !

OH I finally put the last item on my Blazers build sheet, I found one left NOS one SANY0689.JPG and then I found a used set on Ebay, but the right side one was in excellent shape. So I had a set of bumper guards in perfect shape. Some don't care for them, but I'm an originality type. Back in 1988 The women rancher bought it with them. Mustang Chevrolet, San Antonio TX. I have her looking like she did when Mrs. Ewuing bought it.

2. smokybandit

smokybandit Full Member

paid fisherman
    Factory restored always look better than modded

gmctrucks, kbrown11 and JTWard like this.
  3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

#3073 gmctrucks, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    kbrown11 and MikeG like this.
  4. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    @JTWard , that rig is Sweet! I personally not a fan of the guards, they would have been the first thing I removed.

kbrown11 and gmctrucks like this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Mike I had the guards on my Burb I did like them they come in handy and I do agree both his trucks are super nice.

kbrown11 and MikeG like this.
  6. kd7ctv

kd7ctv Full Member

I wish.
    Alright more on the Tahoe, so the brakes got done Saturday. I did the AC compressor, orifice tube, and accumulator today. I threw a vacuum on it, and will check everything again tomorrow as well as add the refrigerant if it's delivered like USPS says it will be. Then I can put the splash guards on and hand it off to the wife to start driving. Then I get to start working on making the Impala pretty.

MikeG and gmctrucks like this.
  7. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Damn, JT Ward, that's a sharp-looking Blazer... I always liked those models. I only said all that to JK because that's a tough gig, dealing with all those problems toward the end of life. Moi, I hope I get whacked by a fast-moving Chevy before any of that grief has a chance to develop... WTF, I'll settle for a fast-moving Peterbilt or KW, LOL. :btruck:

kbrown11 and gmctrucks like this.
  8. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

#3078 gmctrucks, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017

Check if you might have to add oil I don’t remember if mine came with oil.

Tonight I readjusted my headlights they are right on the money and they aren’t going to be blinding on coming traffic oh I also put back my tool bag of tools one never knows when you might need tools or have some to help put someone.

Hey guys I’m thinking of buying the same brand as my low beam bulbs for my high beams I’m super happy with them my high beams that we’re brighter before now are dark I can’t believe I was driving around with that dark of headlights for real guys they rock.

https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Fluxbeam-Light-Bulbs-000Lms/dp/B00WNQGPNA

kbrown11 likes this.
  9. JTWard

JTWard Full Member

I'm retired.
    I live very close to the Delaware border with S.E.
    88 Blazer before paint. 9.30.2015 006 (2).jpg SANY0174 (2).JPG Well you choose :
    Well Thank you, I'm kinda a fanatic about originality and since I'm dealing with what was a big deal for Mrs. Ewing, and since she thought it was a good deal, but being in West Texas, it's HOT, So she picked AJ1 option: dark tinted glass. So I can show a cop if I stopped I can show him or her the dark tinted glass for the last 28 Years ? So if it says V31 that the build sheet code says it should have Bumper Guards. I feel lucky just to find a set. People go over the wreaking yards and strip old trucks, the older the better knowing they list it on Ebay then they will mostly 3 times what they cost them at the junk yard ?

kbrown11, gmctrucks and MikeG like this.
  10. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

JT I told my brother if you sell it meaning his Blazer list it on Hemmings so someone in the USA can get a nice looking Blazer I love his Blazer and years back when I took it the get a inspection sticker people were stopping me and asking me if I would want to sell it I told them no it’s my bro’s and your Blazer and truck are super nice as I have said before.

JT have you ever taken the top off he hasn’t and we never did on a brand new Scout we had in 1976??

kbrown11, JTWard and MikeG like this.