What have you done to your truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by chevychase, Dec 18, 2011.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Guys I took my truck in to get the front end checked it needs upper and lower control arm bushings, upper ball joints, sway bar links and sway bar to frame bushings, they are going to put on new rotors I have and pack the bearings and put on new brake calipers I have that are loaded, and shocks I have and do a wheel alignment for $1054.00 dollars what do you guys think of the price??

To me it's a lot but I know I can trust the work they do oh I'm going back with stock equipment if they lasted 200K miles they should do good again and I'm thinking about it all before I give my money up.

ISLAND TRITON and kbrown11 like this.
  2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Today I ran a wire from my coil to the inside of my truck and I just about did all the work in changing out my spark plugs I started with wanting my neighbor to change out the plugs and tap into the wire but he couldn't take the plug boots off the spark plugs so I did it then he couldn't start three plugs so I started them we did run into a problem with one of the spark plug it wouldn't start screwing in the head so I tried another plug and it worked so I went to checking the threads on the spark plug and it was damaged so I had to take it to the auto parts to get them to exchange it came back home and it started right up.

The other day that I put on the different VSS Drac I checked it while my son was drive right by me and he told me it checked good at 30 mph well tonight I checked it out with my GPS and I'm still off on my speedo by 3 miles so when my speedo is at 40 mph my GPS is showing 37 mph I'm thinking it might be my tires they are taller than the stock tires I'm so confused. o_O

Oh one last thing my old plugs were set at 35 when new and today they came off at 60 they were worn out I got my monies worth. :applaud:

I had placed a cement block to stand on well I forgot it was there when I walk by and I fell I mean it was a good fall I scuffed up three of my fingers on my concrete driveway and my left knee live and learn. :( :)

kbrown11 likes this.
  3. scavanger

scavanger Full Member

machinest working on retireing come June 2015
    The other day that I put on the different VSS Drac I checked it while my son was drive right by me and he told me it checked good at 30 mph well tonight I checked it out with my GPS and I'm still off on my speedo by 3 miles so when my speedo is at 40 mph my GPS is showing 37 mph I'm thinking it might be my tires they are taller than the stock tires I'm so confused. o_O

most speedometers are about 3 mph slow on older vehicles. you are thinking backwards, your tires need to be taller to correct that. So if you have larger than stock tires your speedometer was even farther off . My 97 shows 63 and gps is 60

kbrown11 likes this.
  4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

#2914 gmctrucks, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Today I poured more dish washing liquid on my upper control arm bushings so it won't be squeaking like an old Ford vehicle. :rofl:

I wrote some time ago that I need front end work on my truck all in all it's going to be $1050.00 bucks so today I got a offer for a credit card with no interest for 15 months I just might do it instead of doing it little by little plus I have my home owners insurance coming up and I can't touch that money I have saved oh and my flood insurance is coming up next month now I'm not in a flood zone but you never know and my bills come first.

News flash I was checking on the old spark plugs that were removed from my truck last week I thought they came out at .060" but there at .080" the center electrode is down to the ceramic like I said before I got my monies worth. :rofl:

kbrown11 likes this.
  5. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    Oil change on the police Tahoe. 6 qts total. In a month or so I'll do an oil change on the K2500. I'm about 2500 miles since the last oil change on the K2500. We've driving the Tahoe on our road trips because it has power for the hills and a good AC ha ha. Next trip is a small one to a good fishing hole near Chama NM.

gmctrucks likes this.
  6. smokybandit

smokybandit Full Member

paid fisherman
  7. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

It's was on Monday when I went outside to throw the trash I seen it was about to start raining again so I went to wiping down my truck and finished right on time to where it started to rain and it rinsed off my truck. :)

kbrown11 likes this.
  8. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

I put some reverse lights on my flatbed finally:
    IMG_20170607_115714384_HDR.jpg

gmctrucks likes this.
  9. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

The lights look good I'm wondering if you don't mind what was the cost of the lights and where did you find them?
    Thanks! GMC

I wouldn't mind putting some on my truck because my back window has the factory tint and limo tint on top of it and the neighbors across the street park a Wrecker truck on the street and at night it's hard seeing how far I can back up.

kbrown11 likes this.
  10. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

#2920 kbrown11, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Hey GMC, I got the LED lights on eBay for $14/pair, 3 yr warranty. The brake lights are from harbor freight. I just wired the LED lights with my light green reverse wires on each side. I then grounded each light to the frame. Works good, I'll see how bright they are this evening.

update: they are nice and bright

gmctrucks likes this.