What have you done to your truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by chevychase, Dec 18, 2011.

1. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Guys I took my truck in to get the front end checked it needs upper and lower control arm bushings, upper ball joints, sway bar links and sway bar to frame bushings, they are going to put on new rotors I have and pack the bearings and put on new brake calipers I have that are loaded, and shocks I have and do a wheel alignment for $1054.00 dollars what do you guys think of the price??

To me it's a lot but I know I can trust the work they do oh I'm going back with stock equipment if they lasted 200K miles they should do good again and I'm thinking about it all before I give my money up.

kbrown11 likes this.
  2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Today I ran a wire from my coil to the inside of my truck and I just about did all the work in changing out my spark plugs I started with wanting my neighbor to change out the plugs and tap into the wire but he couldn't take the plug boots off the spark plugs so I did it then he couldn't start three plugs so I started them we did run into a problem with one of the spark plug it wouldn't start screwing in the head so I tried another plug and it worked so I went to checking the threads on the spark plug and it was damaged so I had to take it to the auto parts to get them to exchange it came back home and it started right up.

The other day that I put on the different VSS Drac I checked it while my son was drive right by me and he told me it checked good at 30 mph well tonight I checked it out with my GPS and I'm still off on my speedo by 3 miles so when my speedo is at 40 mph my GPS is showing 37 mph I'm thinking it might be my tires they are taller than the stock tires I'm so confused. o_O

Oh one last thing my old plugs were set at 35 when new and today they came off at 60 they were worn out I got my monies worth. :applaud:

I had placed a cement block to stand on well I forgot it was there when I walk by and I fell I mean it was a good fall I scuffed up three of my fingers on my concrete driveway and my left knee live and learn. :( :)

kbrown11 likes this.
  3. scavanger

scavanger Full Member

machinest working on retireing come June 2015
    The other day that I put on the different VSS Drac I checked it while my son was drive right by me and he told me it checked good at 30 mph well tonight I checked it out with my GPS and I'm still off on my speedo by 3 miles so when my speedo is at 40 mph my GPS is showing 37 mph I'm thinking it might be my tires they are taller than the stock tires I'm so confused. o_O

most speedometers are about 3 mph slow on older vehicles. you are thinking backwards, your tires need to be taller to correct that. So if you have larger than stock tires your speedometer was even farther off . My 97 shows 63 and gps is 60

kbrown11 likes this.