weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Whoa, it actually rained here last night... must have been light, it didn't wake me at all, I slept like a log right through the wee hours. I just heard on "Good Morning Arizona" (GMAZ) that we may have more rain on the way between now and Wednesday... I sure hope so, this extended drought sucks. I've been watering the hedges and trees every 2 or 3 days, just to make sure they stay healthy... water is pretty cheap here, so I don't mind, and time spent in the yard is always quality time, 10-4??? I don't care if the grass and small plants brown out and die, they'll come back later, but I don't wanna lose any trees or juniper privacy hedges, those take a long time to grow up here in this funky acidic soil. Hey, I decided to have a cup of herbal tea, I wanted something hot but without the caffeine, right? Tried this tea I bought the other day at WallyWorld, it's called Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Herbal Tea, and it tastes pretty good... gotta be in the mood for herbal tea, I have coffee in the kitchen but I just wanted something different today. Alright, heroes, I'm off to get cleaned up and knock out some chores before I watch today's games, the Bills are playin' today and my friend in Western NY is rootin' for 'em, which means I'll be rootin' for 'em, LOL... WTF, they haven't been in the playoffs for awhile, maybe this postseason will be their lucky go-round. CHEERS!!! :btruck:

kbrown11 and gmctrucks like this.
  2. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

Well, weather has bipolar tendencies....

DSCN4288-1.jpg DSCN4306.JPG DSCN4292.JPG DSCN4314.JPG DSCN4302.JPG DSCN4337-1.jpg DSCN4310.JPG DSCN4290-1.jpg DSCN4301.JPG DSCN4333-1.jpg

3. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

4. WideTheF#%Open

Here's what our sky looks like today... I threw in some pics of metal bison sculptures, they stand in front of a development called Bison Ridge. Probably not the best day to photograph 'em, but meh, y'all get the idea. There are literally hundreds of huge elk sculptures or statues around town, I'll post some of those later... bears too, there must be hundreds of wooden bear carvings up here, seems like every other house has one, LOL. Alright, I'm back to the game, ADIOS!!!

IMG_1770.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1772.JPG
    IMG_1773.JPG
    IMG_1769.JPG

5. WideTheF#%Open

Jeez, bad officiating in that Bills game, seemed like the idiot ref had it in for the Bills... that last "pick" clearly hit the ground, but the moron let it stand. Probably got paid off... it's high time for the refs to go, just put microchips & sensors on the ball, field, players, etc., and eliminate all human error. I know they have the technology, time to step up the game and leave the biased idiot refs in the dust. :no:

6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

#7266 gmctrucks, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    We got some rain a bit ago at 8:30 pm Houston looks like we might get more now the north side of Houston is getting it right now 09:14

kbrown11 and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  7. WideTheF#%Open

Clouding up, hope this means rain and plenty of it... snow wouldn't hurt either, the snow line is supposed to drop to 5500' during this inbound storm. 'Bout time we saw some real precipitation, guess I can get by without watering today. Kittehs say, "BRING ON THE RAIN & SNOW!!!" :woot:

Edit: Looking forward to the big game tonight between Alabama & Georgia, I'm going with the Crimson Tide over the Dawgs. Either way, I reckon it'll be a good game. :party:

kbrown11, gmctrucks and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  8. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 44 high 62

kbrown11 and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  9. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    High 34 low 27, started out as a rainy morning.

10. WideTheF#%Open

Blustery day today... the tall pines have been swayin' back and forth all day in the breeze. I took down the three flagpoles hours ago, no point in stress-testing the hardware. No rain yet except for sprinkles, but we're due for heavier rain this evening, maybe snow once the temp drops enough. Can't wait, the rain is long overdue, and a few inches of snow wouldn't hurt either. Guess I'll FINALLY put those two big bags of sugar to good use: bought 'em months ago, after I read that spreading sugar on soil before a decent rain will help increase microbial activity, 10-4? Might as well toss some everywhere, on the "lawn" and in the flower beds... whatever it takes to ultimately bring this soil up to speed. And if it does no good, well, I've wasted money on hare-brained schemes before, LOL. Two bags of sugar won't break the bank... trick will be to fling it downwind, otherwise I'll be coated like a friggin' donut at a bakery, maybe a sugar cookie, aye? No future in that, I'll have to sling the sugar down to leeward, same way I don't p!$$ into the wind, LOL. :confused:

FUNKY GAME LAST NIGHT, BUT ALABAMA WON AFTER ALL... THOUGHT GEORGIA WAS GONNA WIN FOR AWHILE. o_O