weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Hmm, here are some pics I snapped of the detail work on my "Under The Sea" dresser, an item of furniture I picked up right here in the White Mountains, go figure... it even came with a matching table or nightstand which has a beach on top, check it out!!! No wonder I don't miss the beach in Coronado, got my own beach right here in my room, LOL... seagulls and all, WOOHOO!!!

IMG_1735.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1734.JPG
    IMG_1736.JPG
    IMG_1737.JPG
    IMG_1738.JPG
    IMG_1739.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG

Strange to think that someone hand-carved all those little fish handles, LOL... pretty cool dresser, huh? Say, those are some Westerns I checked out from the library, I'm in the process of reading every Western in the building, LOL. Well, the large-print ones, anyway, after my Lasik surgery I can't read the fine-print books worth a damn, too much trouble trying to make out the words, even with reading glasses. No worries, the large-print books are good to go, and the trade-off was still worthwhile, since I can see like a hawk in the field, 20/15 in each eye, LOL. ALRIGHT, KNUCKLEHAIDS, TIME FOR BREAKFAST, WAHOO!!! :eek:

kbrown11 and gmctrucks like this.
  2. WideTheF#%Open

#7252 WideTheF#%Open, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Holy Moly!!! Or perhaps I should say, "Holy Guacamole!!!" Man, oh man, that burrito was good... problem is, now I'm too full to drink beer, LOL. Meh, no worries, I'll get cleaned up and watch "CONAN THE BALL BEARING" prior to the games, there's a college ballgame to watch as well... once my food settles, I can get down to the more serious business of drinking beer and burning chronic, 10-4??? Ya know, I never did figure out how pro surfer Gerry Lopez scored the part as the archer in this Conan flick... maybe he met Ah-nold down at the beach or something. I don't know of any other film featuring Lopez, apart from surfing videos. That's okay, he's good in this movie, so he has that to his credit, LOL. Alright, heroes, here are pics of the monster burrito I slapped together for breakfast, washed down with A&W Root Beer, two Oreo cookies and a glass of milk for dessert:

IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG

IMG_1757.JPG IMG_1756.JPG
    IMG_1758.JPG
    IMG_1759.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG

Almost didn't finish the darned thing, but I got my second wind, manned up and cleaned my plate, LOL. Had the Oreos afterward with that glass of milk, then took some vitamins so I'll be ready for some major par-tay action, AYE??? :btruck:

ALRIGHT, YOUSE TRUCKFORUM HEROES, TIME TO WATCH HEADS ROLL IN THIS CONAN FLICK, LOL... :eek:

Edit: I was wrong, Lopez also appeared in "BIG WEDNESDAY" and "NORTH SHORE"---I had forgotten those two films, which are pretty good as far as surfing goes. :party:

kbrown11, gmctrucks and MikeG like this.
  3. WideTheF#%Open

#7253 WideTheF#%Open, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Cloudy here, good day to drink beer & watch football, LOL. Chiefs are up 14-0 over the Titans. Got thinking about Reno Abellira, big wave master and stylish soul surfer... I remember watching surf and skate movies back in the '70s at the Village Theatre in Coronado, and seeing Reno Abellira tearing up huge waves at high speed, dude was a wizard on a board. And that was back on single-fin boards, I read that Reno took his longboard and chopped it in half, then went to CA and changed the whole course of surfing by ripping on his new short board, LOL. Back in Hawaii, he'd meditate on the beach before going out and tackling monster waves, dude was like a surfing guru, AYE??? My friends and I would try to emulate his riding style on our skateboards... fast and fluid, that was his style, as you can see in this video I dug out. I was trying to find a clip of him just tearin' up a huge wave, a clip I remember after all these decades, but it must have been in a '70s surf movie, no tellin' which one... best high-speed style clip I ever saw, the wave as big as a 3-or-4-story house, LOL. A poorly-written web article implied that Reno is dead, but I guess that was his pop who bought it, some boxer who got shot in a bar fight... maybe that was Reno Sr., I dunno. Anyway, here's a clip of Reno, hope y'all enjoy it, this guy was a contemporary of Gerry Lopez back in the day, pretty laid-back guy except when it came to surfing. All this contemplation began when I saw Gerry Lopez in "CONAN THE BALL BEARING" this morning, LOL.

Hope that link comes through alright, it's just a 2-minute clip but it shows ya how stylish this guy was when he rode... :eek:

Edit: Okay, looks like ya just gotta click that blue bar to watch the video.

kbrown11 and gmctrucks like this.
  4. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    High 50 low 32, Sunny and a lite wind. :cool:

5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston right now 8:32 pm 50

And Rail today I ate homemade food the wife was on SA so I was eating out.

kbrown11 and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  6. WideTheF#%Open

I saw your other post, GMC, were you SPEEDING again??? LOL... good on ya, mate, hopefully you're not traveling at that speed through town, trolling for a ticket or perhaps a bust for reckless driving, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ya drive that speed aboard a big rig in the state of CA and you'll learn the new meaning of the phrase "CELL PHONE!!!" :eek:

gmctrucks and kbrown11 like this.
  7. WideTheF#%Open

Hey, I took a hit of some nuclear weed awhile back, and now I'm thinking of FOOD, LOL... typical reaction from an old school beach local like me, 10-4? Meh, I dunno if I can handle two burritos in one day, and I happen to have two Angus beef patties in the fridge, WOOHOO!!! Hmm, lemme don the appropriate attire and gaze into my crystal ball: "I SEE A BIG OL' GREASY DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER IN MY NEAR FUTURE, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! POSSIBLY AFTER ANOTHER BONG HIT, 10-4???" :eek:

Damn, I'm supposed to be watching this Rams-Falcons game, and I'm laggin', watching that Reno Abellira video in the next room while pounding another beer, LOL. Well, I'm messin' with the kittehs too, those knucklehaids, they're somewhat gripped by the presence of my huge new roommate, dude looks like Sasquatch with a haircut, LOL. Big MFer, or as we used to say decades ago, a BMFer, yeah? Whoa, just heard Al Michaels say that the Rams are down 3 points at halftime, 13-10 maybe? Meh, we'll see... o_O

I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME TO RELOAD THAT BOWL, LOL... NOT SOMETHING I DO VERY OFTEN, BUT TONIGHT I JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN, I LOVE THE WHITE MOUNTAINS AND I'M GONNA PLANE OUT & DIE HERE, "10-DASH-FO'???" :woot:

Y'ALL BE GOOD, AND GMC, YOU NEED TO ATTEND A "SPEEDERS ANONYMOUS" MEETING, LOL. :police:

gmctrucks likes this.
  8. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    Rain that turned to ice and then snow today. It caused some problems near where we live, this news story was just up the road from where we live. IMG_20180106_202421521.jpg

MikeG, WideTheF#%Open and gmctrucks like this.
  9. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

My Speedo is off by six miles and I only drove at that speed so you guys could see my miles on my speedo. :rofl:

I really don’t drive fast it’s just that I was in the middle of nowhere and the wife was saying I need to pee I told her let me pull off the road she said your crazy but there was a lot of DPS and sheriff patrol cars running there radar I was probably going around 75 when I seen a car coming up on me and all of a sudden a Porsche passed me hauling he was doing way over 100 mph

MikeG, kbrown11 and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  10. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 46 high 70 chance of rain 40%

kbrown11 and WideTheF#%Open like this.