weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

No boards on wheels on this one......did have a car go over a while back.....suicide attempt.....survived. that person was not meant to die that day.

Anyhoo, found more old pics......one pic of the corner structure from atop Cabot tower, but can't find any of the broader view from atop the tower. However, I found a pic or 2 looking down from a place called queens battery, which is only a slight distance downhill from the tower.

Oh, by the way, that one view from atop the tower, 1st picture, note that point of land just off in the distance, that's the most easterly Point on the continent of North america.

13217465_570648699782331_8382417010024941122_o.jpg 13227828_570654573115077_3698628227590301171_o.jpg 13227646_570652723115262_5682718136374877820_o.jpg 13220518_570641429783058_5968747977091661999_o.jpg 12970854_555688727944995_4008739591309599841_o.jpg

WideTheF#%Open likes this.
  2. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Monkeybiker
    That's a rad stone tower, there's even a sure-fire route up that dihedral (inside corner), LOL. Friends & I used to climb a stone church in my home town, can't remember if it was Episcopalian or Presbyterian, but it had awesome routes on it! Love the view looking down the cannon, that's just my style... I'd be blowin' enemy ships outta the water with that cannon, think hostile craft in the Beer Can Races, LOL. I was just watching some cool downhill action on the Signal Hill in CA, you can Google "Signal Hill skateboard videos" to check 'em out, aye? There's even a new one just posted awhile ago, nice downhill footage there... we used to shoot this bomb hill in Chula Vista, big f#%r with no dangerous intersection at the bottom, just a "T" off to the side. Friend driving my VW bus as chase vehicle clocked us at 57 m.p.h. on a run, but we went faster than that on other runs... a rush on a skateboard, but ya had to tighten those trucks BIG-TIME or face the deadly speed wobble, LOL. :eek: Of course, y'all can see some REAL downhill footage in the full-length feature "GRADE"---a bad@$$ downhill skateboarding flick. The makers sped up the footage a bit so it wouldn't be boring for viewers, and it doesn't suck, with longboard skaters flyin' down entire mountainsides in the Rockies and Sierras and wherever else. Cool footage with heller scenery thrown in for good measure... the only bad thing about such runs, if ya didn't have protective gear on when ya ate $h!t, ya picked up MAJOR ROAD RASH, LOL. :confused:

3. ISLAND TRITON

Yeah, road rash, no fun. Eeek. Maybe I'll look for a video or 2.....

Our signal hill used to be an important site for defence in wartime. Used to be quite a few working cannons. It's right at the mouth of the narrows, right on the Atlantic ocean, so it was a big advantage in spying an enemy approaching port. History dating back several hundred years right there.

I'll also note, our signal hill is where Marconi received the first transatlantic wireless transmission from England.

That neighborhood in the first pic, known as the battery, is right underneath me in the 3rd pic and just off to my right (and down) in the 2nd. So yeah, there's a little bit of a hill involved. :)

DSCN2715.JPG 13220518_570641429783058_5968747977091661999_o.jpg DSCN2730.JPG

4. WideTheF#%Open

Monkeybiker
    I Googled "Grade downhill skateboarding movie" and watched the film trailer, as well as a few other cool films... check out that "Cannibal Canyon" film, that one's cool, and also that "Crazy downhill skaters..." clip (or whatever it's called, just look for the crazy skater line, LOL. And here's a rad short film on skating down Loser (Low-sir), an Austrian peak... there's even a cool skater chick in this one, LOL, and the mountain scenery is hard to beat:

[PREMIERE] I AM LOSER - A downhill skateboarding movie by easygoinc. Longboards

ISLAND TRITON likes this.
  5. ISLAND TRITON

Wild, huh? Not something I'd attempt myself, knowwhutimean?

6. WideTheF#%Open

Monkeybiker
    Gotta admit, the scenery is pretty cool... *almost* as good as the scenery in your pics, LOL. I was just watching a couple more short films by that EasyGoInc outfit, the "RAWrun" series is pretty good. Fantastic mountain scenery, that's for sure... it's amazing how the Internet can take ya to cool places in a heartbeat, as long as you're Googling the right stuff, LOL. Some of those high-speed power slides the skaters are doing are f#%g radical, not so easy when you're the one on the board, 10-4? And always the chance of hitting some loose grit or whatever and wiping out, LOL. :eek:

7. ISLAND TRITON

Oh, the scenery is fine and dandy.....but I hurt myself enough as it is......a chopper ride over would be kinda neat.....

8. WideTheF#%Open

Monkeybiker
    #6828 WideTheF#%Open, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Yeah, I used to love those chopper rides in the Aaaaaarrrgghmy, especially over the rainforest in Panama... sure beat slogging it on foot through the jungle, LOL. Not to beat a dead horse any longer, but check out these Viking gals skatin' down some se-wious Norwegian grades. Check out the downhill action once the gal says, "Everything else is a lie." And those are two young women skating down that 10% grade, LOL. 10%, that's steep as f#%, I know that from truck driving, aye? Sure is cool to see a couple o' Viking chicks jammin' down that grade... back when I rode, there were virtually no chicks that skated, they'd usually just show up to watch the ramp action or whatever. That's what I like about the Internet, it empowers people and lets 'em show what's goin' on in their Home 20. Here's the video:

Hopefully that's the right one, lemme double-check... if it is the right one, enjoy the mountain scenery, Norway doesn't exactly suck when it comes to that scenery, LOL. BTW, this all started when ya mentioned Signal Hill, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! o_O

9. WideTheF#%Open

Monkeybiker
    Breezy and partly cloudy here... probably get more rain later, it came down steadily yesterday for quite some time, my lawn got another good soaking out of it. I took a few pics during the storm, some aren't very clear as they were probably taken through the window screens. Sure felt nice with the windows open and all that fresh rain-washed air flowing through the house... the air up here is already pure, no smog whatsoever, but when it rains it REALLY gets pure, like sipping a tall drink o' water with every breath. Here are the pics:

IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG

Not very clear shots, and the rain was comin' down harder than it appears... that third shot shows a river running down my front walkway.

Attached Files:

10. ISLAND TRITON

Nice pics, Norway ain't bad at all :) looks aw-ight where you are, too.....:)

Attached Files: