weather

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chevychase, Jan 6, 2012.

1. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    HaHa, Island Triton, you like my little pea-shooter? Not a bad model for a Glock, the Glock 17, when it comes to pistols I prefer Colt or S&W models with forged frames, as opposed to cast alloy, 10-4? But this pistol will work for home defense, and as a sidearm for when the "Show Low Riots" go down, LOL. Reminds me of a funny moment in a bar named One-Eyed Jack's yesterday: I met a firearms range instructor while partying with friends, and I gave him a rundown of my mini arsenal...

Moi: "I have a Marlin lever-action .45/70 elephant rifle, a Winchester Model 1200 'Riot' Shotgun, and a Glock 17 pistol..."

His reply: "I'LL FORGIVE YOU FOR THE GLOCK..." :rofl:

I thought that was pretty funny... dude is super cool too, another friend met here in Show Low, he even invited me out to the range which is just outside the eastern edge of town. I'll take him up on that offer too, but on Wednesday another friend (or two) and I are going shooting at an outdoor range near my house... same range where I blasted Ol' Tex (short for T. Rex), the Jurassic Desktop Computer, right? I'm gonna put a few more rounds through Ol' Tex, file this activity under "Therapy" (LOL)... I can't tell y'all how good it feels to BLAST a computer that gave ya grief for awhile, it's *nearly* the most fun I've had with my clothes on in YEARS, don'tcha know??? :btruck:

P.S. I'll be sure to wear the Hero cam during our next shooting excursion, so y'all can share the adventure... least I can do for my "Good Internet Friends" at Truckforum.Org, LOL. WTF, I get to wear my cowboy hat and crank Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, et al while unloading rounds via the trigger. Plus my friend Michael just bought an AK-47, I guess the .308 and the rest of his arsenal just weren't quite enough, LOL. We'll probably use the .308 to set off that last exploding target (in Ol' Tex, of course)... that should make for entertaining video. :gtruck:

gmctrucks and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  2. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

Not a bad little weapon :)

Glocks are one of the better looking semis if you ask me, but no experience with actually shooting one myself....

When it comes to handguns, my fondness will always be with the good Ole ye Olde single action revolver......

3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 73 high 86 and cloudy

4. WideTheF#%Open

Cooler & partly cloudy in Show Low, good day to knock out chores while I recuperate from the knee injury. Watching "THE ROUNDERS" right now, a classic Western in its own right... I'm also enjoying quality time with the kittehs, LOL. :btruck:

kbrown11, gmctrucks and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

#6555 gmctrucks, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Houston Wednesday low 76 high 87 and 30% chance of rain it's getting hot here in Texas oh and humid.

6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I seen the loads you pull with your truck I can see you don't baby it one bit. :)

7. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    Albuquerque cooled off a little. Currently 46, high 65 and low of 43. Should be windy today.

8. WideTheF#%Open

Still cool in Show Low, in the 50s right now, but we have a warming trend ahead and we're in for some warm dry weather... I was thinking of going to see "ALIEN COVENANT" at the local theater, but my knee is a bit stiff from running errands this morning. Maybe I'll go later today, or go see it next week... I wanna catch the alien action on the silver screen, 10-4? :eek:

gmctrucks, kbrown11 and ISLAND TRITON like this.
  9. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Houston low 76 high 88 chance of rain 40%

10. WideTheF#%Open

Beautiful weather here in Show Low... I'm still rehabbing the knee, making progress but it's slow, just gonna keep applying occasional heat and ointments while I watch the Preakness Stakes. :applaud:

kbrown11, gmctrucks and ISLAND TRITON like this.