Tire Squeaking.......?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by MikeG, Jan 31, 2017.

1. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    After I repaired the front stabilizer bar connecting links there is now a squeaking coming from my front passenger side. When coming to a stop or taking off it makes a squeaking sound, as speed increases the squeaking becomes a squeal. Momma Bear says it sounds like rubber rubbing on something.

All the bushings were replaced with a Urethane kit. Instead of grabbing my Chiltons to look up any tq specs I just used the German tq...... "Gooden Tight." Could this be the issue? Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

2. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    I don't think the stabilizing links would cause a squeak or squeal. Just in case I would just double check everything and make sure everything is still tight. I would guess maybe brake wear indicator, serpentine belt, bearings in the alternator or ac compressor, or the tensioner.

MikeG likes this.
  3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Polyurethane from what I have heard does make noise another thing look to see if any lube came with the kit.

mowfixer likes this.
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

best to crawl under and look

MikeG and gmctrucks like this.
  5. greencamaro1981

greencamaro1981 Full Member

detention officer
    only the stabilizer bushings? a squeak that becomes a squeal with speed is usually a ujoint.

JTWard likes this.
  6. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    Yeah, it was the 2 that mount to the frame and the pins already had the bushings mounted on them. The noise didn't show up until after the repair, (passenger side was broken). The kit did include lube and I lube what was required in the instructions. I'll give everything a good look over hopefully after work today. I'll also loosen everything on the stabilizer bar back up and tq it to proper specs.

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories, This is the link with the kit I installed, p/n 34-0279

7. JTWard

JTWard Full Member

I'm retired.
    I live very close to the Delaware border with S.E.
    I tried 'Polyurethane' bushing once and no more. I was constantly taking the stabilizer bar apart and put some synthetic grease on the bushings once every 5 months cause of the squeaking. Never doing that again.

MikeG likes this.
  8. greencamaro1981

greencamaro1981 Full Member

detention officer
    do you have good wheel bearing and ball joints? all I can think is something is out of round and forcing movement on the bar.

MikeG likes this.
  9. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    @JTWard , Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind, and will replace back to OEM/ rubber if that happens.

@greencamaro1981, The u joints, 1/2 shafts, & tie rods all look good. I tried shaking the chit out of everything and I didn't get any play. I did notice the ball joints aren't so good. I found some torn boots, so those I'll be replacing. It didn't make sense that this noise started right after I fixed the stabilizer. It is present with tire rotation, and it's noise level increases/ decreases with speed.

Momma Bear and I are going to hit a parking lot after work and I'm going to see if I can crawl around while it's moving and see if I can pin point an area. As always, thanks for all your input guys!

10. JTWard

JTWard Full Member

I'm retired.
    I live very close to the Delaware border with S.E.
    I don't know if you've seen one, But there is something called a "Magic Creeper" and it , when rolled out is about 2 " thick. I bought mine on Amazon. You put as much of it under your truck as you can, lay down on the thing and roll anywhere under your truck as you want. Effortlessly. I saw on and I said I gotta have one. It works excellent. Once under your truck, you can go from side to side about 3 feet, 6 feet together. Then just come back to the center and roll yourself out, roll it up and put it behind your seats. But it works not done there, want to put some heavy in the bed or around the house, break out the Magic Creeper. One of the best things I ever bought. You get up and your not covered in dirt and dust, just clean and your job is done !

MikeG likes this.