Rhino Lining experience?

Discussion in 'Nissan Truck Forum' started by corton93, Nov 2, 2014.

1. corton93

corton93 Full Member

Funeral Director/Mortician
    So I've got a 01 Pathfinder. 4wheel but nothing hardcore, mainly just for mild trails and camping trips. But since it does go on trails the paint hasn't fared so well and my GF wants me to get it re-painted. Im obviously not going to drop money for a pro. paint job just to get it all scratched up again and Im not much for the whole DIY rattle can job. I know some people who love to roll their whole car/truck/space shuttle in Rhino Liner instead of re-painting. I personally don't think there's really anything negative about it and I think it looks pretty bad ***. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on this??

2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Alot of hardcore off roaders and rock crawlers you will see there rigs like this, due to its hard to scratch and is hard to chip or dent, some will do the lower half where the most scratches and dents will come from. Now keep in mind this stuff will not protect from dropping off onto a boudler and putting a nice size crease in your rocker panel, small dings and dent it may fair but nothing major.

There use to be a show some diaster science show they tested this bed liner on a brick cinder wall, hit it with a car, set a bomb off in front and filmed it in slow motion, the results were very surprising it actually kept the wall from collapseing holding the brick together and you could see the wall flex out, from the blast. If this is the case its got me sold on alot of uses. Wonder what it would agaisnt a tornado on a house?

2 people like this.
  3. lluckyirishboy

lluckyirishboy Senior Member

I have done it on an 89 Chevy, it is a lot of work sanding everything but I liked it in the end. The spray gun is about $50-$100 on eBay, and duplicolor has a bed liner that is decent. Just remember some of them you have to add sand to get the coarse feel on the outside. But it's easy to clean, just pressure wash and carry on. And if you are so inclined you might as well do the underr carriage and the frame, but it would be much easier with a lift.

2 people like this.
  4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

My buddy did the inside of his boat the trick is prepping and primer so it can stick to it.

2 people like this.
  5. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    I don,t know about linings ..but i had a big woman come at me..she was big as a rhino..scared me.
    Someone ask why did you run..i said a good run always beats a bad stand ..drift where i,am going? ,or is that catch my drift..i get fussed on that after that scare!!!

3 people like this.
  6. lluckyirishboy

lluckyirishboy Senior Member

Lol nice chev

1 person likes this.
  7. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

OH YEAH, CCs got the right idea. :applaud: :no: :rofl:
    A feller over here has a one-ton Dodge dually, He built His own crew-cab using two pickupumup truck cabs, looks mighty fine with His custom flatbed. Has it loaded down with fire-fighter types of equipment, a 500 gallon pumper unit.
    He used different colors of rhino liner, painted the "WHOLE" truck with Rhino, added in a real nice flame job with colored rhino.
    What a rig ! ! ! ! :applaud:

1 person likes this.
  8. carlom

carlom Full Member

I've seen trucks with the lower quarter including the fenders bedlined. You can do the same on your Path. For additional protection undercarriage , you can use Chassis Saver.

9. cla2090

cla2090 Full Member

Hey Mr Marty, could you catch a picture of that truck and post it?

2 people like this.
  10. cla2090

cla2090 Full Member

1975 GMC Dually-Rhino Liner

Hey guys, I'm looking into preservation of this great running truck. Someone told me I could put a liner over rust in the bed. Didn't sound right to me. What do you guys think about it?