Now on the hunt for a new job.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dirtrider73068, Jul 7, 2017.

1. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Well Friday I walked out and quit my job of driving the dump truck, I had enough, main thing was equipment failure. After months of b.itching about the brakes not working right and them not wanting to fix them, I decided to say fudge it and walked out. This last straw was the truck I was in the brakes kept locking up to easy evening going slow at 10 mph one rear axle would lock up, after having to make a fast stop due a light change and a car in front of me stopping brakes locked I went sliding sideways with a a NICE boat and truck next to me I said screw it I am done. Plus getting tired of pay checks bouncing and me eating the cost and headache of dealing with it.

I am not the only one getting tired of it, there are 3 others looking at getting out and we think something is fixing to happen to the company its getting worse not better, the hours were getting good we have been very busy and have a pay check bounce I am finished.

Going to check place closer to me they need a yard hand pays 16 a hour 2 bucks more than what I was making plus its a 8-5 m-f job, no rushing all I have to do keep the yard up mow pick up trash sweep shops, going to talk to them today to get the details.

Another job is a plumber needing help my mom cleans their office and asked them if they needed help its a small company but they stay busy and have a big contract they getting ready to start.

I got tired of the cra.p and need something that won't bounce pay checks and safe working equipment, I won't have it on my life that brake failure caused me to hurt somebody and I have to live with it.

WideTheF#%Open likes this.
  2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

You need to report that company you could be saving a life it's just a matter of time that a driver driving one of the truck is going to kill someone.

3. dirtrider73068

Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Honestly won't do any good. DOT knows those trucks are bad why they always stopped us they knew something is wrong with the trucks. I left before it happened to me or somebody else. Everybody there knows as well but they keep driving them. I won't do it anymore.

4. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    #4 WideTheF#%Open, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Well, I've made the same decision in the past, never did like driving cr@ppy or unsafe equipment, 10-4? Too much headache, not enough money to make up for it, especially when the truck driver will be blamed for anything that goes wrong. I still have my CDL-A, I even switched it over from CA to AZ after my Lasik surgery, but if I can't find a decent local driving gig here in the White Mountains, I'll just do something else... no sweat off my @$$ when I'm free & clear, plus I'll be renting out at least one room, maybe two to help pay all the bills and taxes. I'm off to post some pics I took recently, just a few of the cats and whatnot. Hang in there, DR, you'll find a better job, the economy does seem to be picking up after eight years of that Nobama douche. :applaud:

gmctrucks likes this.
  5. WideTheF#%Open

Let me put this thread back on top... hey, DR, things get too bad out there in Okie-Land, you can always relocate here in Show Low. Gotta pay room rents, but the house is kick@$$, LOL. There are some local trucking outfits hiring right now as well, I just haven't gotten around to applying yet, since I'm still pulling home rehab and trying to find a roommate worth a f#%, LOL. Meh, only a matter of time, that's all there is to it... :slow:

6. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    Hey DR, I have moved out of NM and I am currently looking for work. I wish you luck. The good thing is the economy is better now so hopefully you'll get a good job soon.

gmctrucks and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  7. dirtrider73068

Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Yea I have 3 places lined up, one is where my brother in law works he said they need a yard hand, second place is a plumber where my mom cleans their office needs some help, and then the last as a last resort is my GF uncle owns his own oilfield company something about they lay pipeline but I would could be gone from home weeks to months at a time and its something I don't want to do, I don't travel well let alone leaveing the metro my anixety goes through the roof and I start freaking out, side effect of having depression years back. I will find something need something more relaxed and not so fast paced I am getting to the age I need to slow down and take it easy find something not so hard on the body I have already beaten it up enough working so hard.

gmctrucks likes this.
  8. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    I had 2 phone interviews today and one is a place that really sounds like a good place to work about 15 miles away. The other will be a 49 mile (mostly freeway drive), but would pay a little more. I'll have an in person interview in a couple weeks when the boss comes back from vacation. Hope its a good fit.

gmctrucks likes this.
  9. WideTheF#%Open

Followed a lead on a local driving job here in Show Low, thought it was a smaller outfit but it turned out to be a large nearly-nationwide outfit, Builders First Source, and they also wanted forklift certification, which I don't have even though I've operated a forklift. A large outfit isn't ideal for me, they probably wouldn't get past the phony charges out in Dago, even though I never actually committed the so-called "crime"---nothing but lies on paper, but large companies tend to be less lenient with regard to that sorta bull$h!t. Meh, no worries, it was worth following the lead, and there are other local gigs up here... I have time and money left to find the right outfit, and I still hafta find a lodger or two to help pay all the utilities and whatnot. In fact, I'm going to meet a prospective lodger right now at a separate public location, nobody gets on this property without a background check like I'm in the Gestapo, LOL. That background check bull$h!t works both ways, don'tcha know??? :gtruck:

gmctrucks and kbrown11 like this.
  10. WideTheF#%Open

Well, that was another dud... guy turned out to be a smoker when I clearly specified "NONSMOKER" in my ad. Don't need any buttheads stinking up my newly-painted-and-carpeted home... that ain't gonna f#%g happen. Wouldn't care if the hand took an occasional bong hit, especially someone with a disability, but I'm not big on cigarette smoke. I used to burn those cancer sticks when I got drunk, but I quit that a long time ago, just got tired of the stanky odor permeating clothes and everything else. WTF, it's a nasty habit and it kills ya, and I also noticed that those cancer sticks are expensive nowadays. And of course, I don't miss taking a swig of beer when hammered, only to discover there's a nasty cig butt floating in there, LOL... the only thing worse would be mistakenly taking a swig outta yer p!$$ jug in the darkened sleeper of yer rig, something I came close to doing once or twice after waking up still drunk, LOL. Good thing I always smelled the open jug as a precaution, 10-4? :eek:

gmctrucks and kbrown11 like this.