no breaks 83 J10 jeep truck

Discussion in 'Other Trucks' started by TIC, Mar 6, 2016.

1. TIC

TIC Full Member

making things for sale. furnature,guitars, knives.
    whats your point? you think i got sea water in my brake fluid? i did use sea water to fill a radiator one time in a pinch.

chevychase and MrMarty51 like this.
  2. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Well, vacuum is measured in inches instead of pounds. Maximum amount of vacuum obtainable is about 33, might be 35 inches of vacuum.
    That would be at sea level, over here, about 2,300 foot of elevation, the maximum vacuum that is possible would be about 29 inches. give or take an inch or two.
    The vacuum is applied to a column, how far up the column the liquid that is contained in the column, is drawn up and measured, that is how the inches of vacuum is determined.
    I started a shallow well cleaning business over here. Using a 3" diameter, 4,800 gpm diaphragm pump, the deepest well I could draw water from was about 29 or 30 feet, unless an outside source of water was dumped into the well to raise the water level. Once the well was shot and bagan to flowing, the natural water table over here at about 12 foot, was no problem then the outside water source could be turned off and the well would flow free, pumpum until the water was flowing crystal clean then, chargeum. Not a lot of money in that business because I wanted it to be affordable to everyone. Just because someone had more money than others, My rates were always the same. I wanted no one complaining that I charged one person fourty bucks but I charged them seventy five. One guy that was quite well off told Me that I needed to be charging at least a hundred and fifty. I told Him how I felt about that, I also told Him that I charged only fourty, but if He wanted, He could pay whatever amount He would like. He gave Me 200 bucks. Told Me it was worth a lot more than that.
    A couple of older people that neede a well cleaned, could not quite swing the full forty, Told them that when pay day come, they could make another installment. always would clean their well before getting paid if they had no money. Never had anyone not pay. Life is good.

chevychase and leolkfrm like this.
  3. TIC

TIC Full Member

making things for sale. furnature,guitars, knives.
    I stand corrected.

chevychase and leolkfrm like this.
  4. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    :rofl:....................