Need help!! First time into the truck world...

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Avanti240, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Avanti240

Avanti240 New Member

Small pet rescue owner
    I'm that wack car lover that comes wandering into truck forums begging for advice. I need a reliable older truck that will easily tow my 3400 pound 1976 Avanti II or my 3200 pound 1993 Volvo 240 rally wagon. Being a wack car guy, I know little about trucks, but have always admired them from afar; where and what should I look for? My only limitation is that this truck must be under $3000. Being a young double-older-car-owner, my budget is pretty low. This would be a truck I'd name, love, and keep for ages, just like my cars; it'll be around awhile!

2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Truck in that price range is going to need work have high miles all that good jazz. If your lucky can find a decent chevy 88-98 years for around that price just get it checked at a good shop, make sure its not too worn out or beat up or has issues like tranny on its last leg or the motor having bad issues.

MikeG and gmctrucks like this.
  3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Make sure you find out what has been replaced how it’s been serviced and how the Trans changes gears to me it’s going to be hard finding what you want for what you want to drop money on first thing check all fluid levels see if they are topped off and how clean it is.

MikeG likes this.
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

look for a nice 3/4 ton truck without a lot of rust....you will be towing 7000 when you put the cars on a trailer

gmctrucks and MikeG like this.