Need help finding Spec's on 1958 International A110

Discussion in 'Other Trucks' started by Wade7575, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Wade7575

Wade7575 New Member

I was wondering if anyone can help me find the spec's on a 1958 International A110.

A friend of mine is wanting o do some work on it and needs the engine spec's,it has a 6 cylinder with Auto Trans.

If anyone knows of any good place's to buy new old stock forthis truck that would help a lot to,he want's to get all new gasket's for the engine and torq spec's for all the bolt's.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  2. Kennyray

Kennyray Moderator
    Staff Member

Maintenance
    Check out Rock Auto.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  3. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Welcome to the forum Wade.
    This is from one of My old Motors Truck Repair MANUALS. Copyright 1961.
    A-110: 1957-59 Engine Model BD240. 7 qts crankcase refill, 16 qts cooling system capacity.
    Brake H.P 141@ 3800 rpm Torque 224 @ 2000 rpm.
    Firing Order 153624 Spark Plug gap .030 Timing Mark = Dot, location on the flywheel. Valve Clearance .025 Hot, Both Intake and exhaust.
    cyl. head bolts 85-95 ft. lbs. intake manifold 25-30, exhaust man.25-30. rocker arm shaft bracket 85-95. rocker arm cover 14-16. connecting rod cap bolts 45-55. main bearing cap bolts 75-85. fly wheel to crank shaft bolts 55-65. Vibration Damper or pulley is pressed on.
    For distributor specs. I`d need the number from the tag on the distributor.

chevychase likes this.
  4. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Lots of parts available for these old rigs. Just have to do some searching and scrounging. ebay is good and I`ll about bet there are some forum websites that cater to these wonderful old rigs.
    I have a 59 Dodge W100 that I have mechanically restored. Body`ll be next, someday. Always have a someday project handy for the just in case a feller runs out of something toooodoooo. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

chevychase likes this.
  5. Wade7575

Wade7575 New Member

Tahnks for all of the help everyone I'll check into rock auto,and the spec's from the manual should help.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  6. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Moving this to "other trucks." Forum help is for help about using the forum software/etc.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  7. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

I like those old internationals, simplicity in the best of form.
    My Son has two older internationals, in the 60s. Both being the Scouts. One of those is what was known as the "Red Carpet Special", very very rare to find one of those. I believe it is like one of one thousand produced. It will get the full restoration when the time is right.

8. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

@Wade7575
    I refuse to send any tech tips or tech info through an email or private messages. I will be very obliging with any and all information that I have in posts to the forum.
    This robs other people of information that might be helpful to others. Do not ask. I have watched threads go to PMz and emails and I too wonder, what information am I missing out on, something that I can use, something that`d help someone else ?
    Also, there are other people that actually watch and read threads and posts so that they too can help if they have pertinent information. If PMz and emails start flying then pretty soon the thread goes dead and people begin to wonder whatever happened to this unit, did it ever get fixed, etc.
    Now, the number from the tag on the generator, 1102005, all the book tells Me about that unit is that it is a clock wise rotating generator and that it is also a positive ground unit. That means that the positive post on the battery is hooked to the ground and the neg post of the battery hooks to the electricals.
    Also, the tag on the generator tells if it is a 6V or a 12V system.
    If You would post in the numbers that are on regulator I could then give You a lot more information on the charging system.
    If I had the numbers from the distributor I could also give You all the specs for that distributor, points gap setting, dwell etc.
    I am here to help "Everyone".

9. Wade7575

Wade7575 New Member

Marty here is the number off the Generator.

10. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Already posted what the book says about that number. 1102005