Looking for Ideas on Tires

Discussion in '4x4 trucks / off road' started by oneluckypops, Mar 1, 2010.

1. batty1214

batty1214 Senior Member

Mine Mechanic(tire guy)
    I personally have experience with mastercraft mt's, dunlop rover Mt, kelly springfield MSR, bfg MT, bfg km2, goodyear wrangler duratracs, wranlger mtr, a cheap trailmark m/s, this is running in nothing but rocks, and mud for 6 months a year and snow and ice for the other 6......... of those tires, I would run the goodyears (either one) the BFgoodrich KM2 on my personal truck.... the others didnt seem to hold up well in the conditions that I run them in....... and this is scattered between 20 trucks that see nothing but mine pit, and 20 that run the 15 miles between the mine and town.......

2. semocoachworks

semocoachworks Senior Member

Maintenance Manager for a 60 truck fleet and 4 loc
    I run a set of maxxis radial buckshot mudders on my 83 gmc and they are awesome in mud/deep snow. Ice they are not great. I dont think they have worn at all since I got them. They are 10 ply and noisy on the road and ride pretty rough but I haul 3800 lbs in the bed 3-4 times a week and they hold up great at about 75 psi(they call for 80psi). Getting around in my field and up in the hills is more important to me than ride quality or quiet. If you just want to be able to dig through the mud, these are awesome, or they have been for me.

3. sublime sub

sublime sub Full Member

sparky
    hi guys hope im not talking out of turn but I have a 3/4 sub and i put some big o tires called big foot x/t on it and they have lasted for 3 year now and still hav lots of tread. they are quite agressive and yet make very little noise. check them out if you get a chance. they go about 200.00 for 35-12.5-16 . hope it helps

4. bernasmor

bernasmor Full Member

Electrician
    I haveta say the BF Goodrich mud terrain tire has been the best on/off road tire so far.

5. mike hutchison

Hi All Am new here just found this site I have a question I have a 89 GMC suburban 4x4 1500 It has 32x11.50x15 wheels I would like to find some 16s to put on it its hard to find 15s I cant afford new tires right now but I have a 93 chevy 2500 with no motor and almost new rubber what wheels will fit? mike-mhutch1948