Is the price right?

Discussion in 'Toyota Truck Forum' started by gloaming, Jun 7, 2016.

1. gloaming

gloaming New Member

Hi, all,
    I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, but I don't know where else to find Toyota junkies would could give me this info!

My son is contemplating buying a 1992 Toyota 22RE truck. It has a rebuilt engine with less than 1000 miles on it. In fact, almost everything under the hood has been replaced. Blue Book for this truck is pretty low, but the owner is asking $4000 for it.

Is that a good price for this truck?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    Pics? 2 or 4 wheel drive? Mileage? Transmission? More information would be helpful, at any rate, that to me is way too much for a 24 year old truck. Make sure you get documentation for the work the seller is claiming to have done, otherwise, don't believe a word he says. Welcome to the forum.

gmctrucks and kbrown11 like this.
  3. gloaming

gloaming New Member

Thanks for the reply! I don't have pictures of it, but the body is in decent shape. The paint has definitely seen better days. It's 4WD with 190,000 on the body, less than 1000 on the engine. The transmission is new as well. The tires are brand new Good Year tires. It has new glass all the way around. I'll have my son find out if the owner has any documentation.

4. kbrown11

kbrown11 Full Member

Customer Service Representative
    That is a high price, I would see if he is willing to drop the price closer to book value. New engine or not, the truck is still 24 years old. Other parts are going to be wearing out soon as well.

jkeaton and gmctrucks like this.
  5. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Way to high for that old of truck no matter what kind or how much work you put in it. What does the blue book price it as? There is also NADA book some dealers go by that book. To me truck maybe worth 2500. For 4 grand could find something newer and maybe less miles on it.

kbrown11, jkeaton and gmctrucks like this.
  6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Don't let your son go blind just because it's a 4X4 and so on to me that's a lot I would look at all the receipts the person could be pulling a fast one on your boy and consider as others said its still old meaning all the other parts one can never get back what they invested in a older vehicle it looks like he's wanting that so offer him $2600.00 if he says no get to stepping and find something else.

kbrown11 and jkeaton like this.