Intercooler tubing in an OBS, questions.

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Forum' started by Lonesome7.3, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Lonesome7.3

Lonesome7.3 Full Member

I have a 97 F350 I will be installing an intercooler in. I have several OE intercoolers from 99 and up Fords. I have been out of the game for quite a while. Some years back I remember a tubing kit on the market that bolted into an OBS using a 99 and up intercooler. I cannot locate such a kit now. I have seen a few write ups where someone did some simple mods to get the later model tubing to work. But I cannot find what those mods were. What year tubing should I look for? Am I at least on the correct track?

2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    I am not much on diesels but here is a couple quick searches on youtube and google on how to install on in your 97.
    installing a intercooler on a 97 f350 - YouTube
    Google

Hope that helps, I just typed in youtube installing a intercooler in a 97 f350 and pretty much the same on google except I worded it how to install intercooler in a 97 f350. And from what I can see its going to be either a homemade fabbed up system or going to junk yard and getting some parts plus fabbing up the rest but one forum said its not worth the time or money, unless your unable to keep your egt's low when towing. Might do some more researching to find what you need unless there is a diesel guru here on the forum.

gmctrucks likes this.
  3. Lonesome7.3

Lonesome7.3 Full Member

I have been reading through some of that. I still cannot find the company that made or sold the kit though. I have a complete banks kit on my 95. But all I need is the tubing got my 97.