I hate this time year but its worse this time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dirtrider73068, Dec 8, 2017.

1. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    I got the call early this morning, my grandmother passed away last night. She is now resting in peace and has earned her wings and has flown home. I will miss her dearly.

2. ISLAND TRITON

ISLAND TRITON Full Member

Man....no words.....I'm beyond sorry for you....:( thoughts are with you.

MikeG, gmctrucks and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  3. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Well, DR, your grandma & my mom are now both making flower gardens in Heaven... my condolences, man, be a rock to others in the family, time heals all wounds, 10-4? Some just take a bit longer to heal... :(

MikeG and gmctrucks like this.
  4. dirtrider73068

Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    This is one that is going to take time to heal being I was close to her, plus she was a loving and kind woman, greeted anybody with open arms. Yesterday was rough, I just layed around more sad than anything. Had to get up for work at 6 most the morning at work I just wandered around in a daze like did yesterday really happen, but started to mellow out when my coworkers showed up and we got busy took my mind of things for the day. And saw my other half's family in lowes getting on the good discounts on christmas stuff so that lifted my spirits too.

I have the nex 3 days with pay to grieve he called breavment pay, plus my normal two days off this week is wed thur so gives me 5 days to try to get through it enough to get back work. Its going to take alot of time best I can hope is I stay busy at work which will happen we are doing alot of what they call spring resets getting ready for spring product coming in. But Iwill be back to my old self before long its just getting back up to that point.

MikeG, WideTheF#%Open and gmctrucks like this.
  5. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

dr sorry to hear about grandma she will always be in your heart remember the good times and now she’s resting as my uncle that just passed away another thing my cousins got pictures together and they made it into a video and posted it on his obituary it was also seen at his wake again sorry to hear of your loss and we’re all here for you buddy.

MikeG and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  6. dirtrider73068

Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Oh yea I will remember the good times and the joyment of having her as my grandmother. She was a great woman, very touching and loving and will always have that in my memories.

MikeG, gmctrucks and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  7. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Was your grandma a Sooners fan? I think they're going to the Rose Bowl, WOOHOO!!! Are they playin' Georgia? I didn't quite catch the commentator yesterday, but if that's the matchup, it'll be one heckuva game! Hopefully your grandma puts in a good word upstairs for the Sooners... those Georgia Bulldogs are gnarly, but Mayfield bagged the Heisman, and of course I'm rootin' for the Sooners! If they get past Georgia, maybe we'll see the Sooner Schooner at the national championship, WAHOO!!! :btruck:

gmctrucks likes this.
  8. dirtrider73068

Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    lol no she was not into any sports, did like her soap opra's though or stories as she called them like watching her stories.

Yes its Georgia the sooners play and suck.s deez nutz I have to work that day and will mis the majority of the game. They shouldn't have any issue getting past the dogs, the good game is sooners giving bama a taste of mayfield for the champ game. Baker is a hella QB, knows how to make plays and run to get out of trouble.

gmctrucks likes this.
  9. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    #19 MikeG, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    @dirtrider73068 sorry for your loss my friend. You and your family will be in my prayers.

WideTheF#%Open and gmctrucks like this.
  10. dirtrider73068

Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Thanks my friend we need them. Today was visitation it was hard even then I sat there is a daze thinking this is a bad dream or nightmare and I am going to wake up from up but i know its not. There is something of her I really want its a true quartz rock she had, the most beautiful rock you can see. Nice big perfect crystals, I would ask for years everytime I went there if I could have she always told me I no but when she dies I could have it, now we can't find it, I am kinda heart broken, though its just a rock but its the meaning and memories behind that rock why I want it. At least I though I will get a pretty lockett get my and her picture in it and wear it so I can keep her close to my heart and always have her with me.

Tomorrow is going to be really hard when the final goodbyes are said, but I need to be strong for me and my family and also my mother and aunts and uncles. We are all very close, and look out for each other so we all need to be strong. I knew this day was near for past couple years and even when I was younger knew one day one year it woud come to this and thought I have all this time to prepare and be ready but honestly didn't know it would be this hard. You never prepare for this, but have to be strong and let time heal.

WideTheF#%Open, gmctrucks and MikeG like this.