Hello from Renault Trucks !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Curious about Trucks, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Curious about Trucks

Hello Everybody !

I was wondering if some people on this forum would be in charge of a trucking company in the UK ?

We’re looking for information on the used trucks market and would like to interview some people in order to better understand their job and expectations of a truck manufacturer.

To the people giving some of their time to answer our questions, we will send a scale model of the Renault Trucks 7460 (scale 1:87).

You can contact us at this address : gaelle.tardy@insign with your contact information and availabilities so we can reach you back.

Thank you in advance for your participation,

Have a good day all ! :)

2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Nobody here that I know of is in charge of a trucking company in the UK and doubt anybody here would send you their contact information not knowing who has it or what they will do with it, or could be a reason to collect information for sending spam emails.

MikeG, chevychase and gmctrucks like this.
  3. Curious about Trucks

Hello,

I totally get your point.
    In a nutshell, Renault Trucks is looking to improve its understanding of the used trucks market and would like to discuss with people in charge of trucking companies.
    This is not about collecting information or spamming. This is why we're providing an e-mail address to be contacted at. Anybody can check the source of the address : insign.fr / The agency in charge of the study.

I hope I reassured you and anybody who'd be interested in discussing with us.

Cheers,

4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

What he said

MikeG and chevychase like this.
  5. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    This Forum is geared toward "Light Truck" Enthusiast; which probably almost everyone here is. You might try seeking out a Forum that is for the Heavy Haulers, Big Rigs, etc. :)

6. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Honestly MikeG I don't even think we have any UK memebers really, like I said in my first post nobody here is a owner of trucking company let alone UK members and don't think I have even those brand of trucks in the US.

MikeG likes this.
  7. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    I lived in Europe for five years ('68-'73) and the only Renault vehicles I saw were those boxy little subcompact cars... maybe they went on to create a big truck division, same way Volvo created a big truck division. Most "big trucks" in Europe are cabovers pulling shorter wagons, NOT 53' wagons... the roads are too tight over there in most towns for 53-footers. Volvo does make hoods for sale here in the U.S., they're okay but nothing to write home about, 10-4? Which reminds me of an older hand on the CB in some truck stop back in the day, nixing whatever some other driver just said:

"LIKE LIPSTICK ON A PIG OR CHROME ON A VOLVO, AIN'T NO SENSE IN IT..." :eek:

8. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    WideTheF#%Open likes this.
  9. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    Hmm, I guess they branched out, LOL... the trucks look like standard European rigs, mostly cabovers with shorter wheelbases all around to handle those skinny roads and tight corners, 10-4? Meh, learn something new every day... I'll take a big ol' KW or Pete hood any day of the week, or a big ol' Freightshaker SuperCondo with heller room inside, LOL. :eek:

MikeG likes this.
  10. MikeG

MikeG Full Member

Wind Turbine Technician
    :rofl::rofl:It was funny watching those P.O.S.'s struggling with a 78 ton Abrams on a trailer. :rofl:

chevychase likes this.