"Got Chrome??? How about Armor???"

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Railsplitter, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

Truck Driving... what else?
    c81530.jpg c86866.jpg

Big ol' decked-out KW "Dark Shadow"---loaded with chrome and chicken lights. I like the little chrome skulls plastered all over this large car.

If you don't have any chrome, armor will work... captions to follow:

c65059.jpg c58072.jpg c67766.jpg c53174.jpg c28606.jpg

Shots 1-4: Armor display, Fort Hood, TX... Armor Capital of the World.

First shot: Self-propelled 155mm howitzer "Long Tom."

Second shot: Good model for rush hour traffic on the 405.

Third shot: Suitable for local beer runs... :rofl:

Fourth shot: Another bad boy...

Fifth shot: Party rental for New Year's Eve... self-propelled howitzer on lowboy, Armadillo Petro fuel island (Amarillo, TX).

2. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    That is some nice rides. Betcha they would blow the doors off any ride.

3. crabtruck

crabtruck Senior Member

Oww chase...that's really bad. LOL

4. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

That's just the kind of cheesy humor that flies around here... now you're in for more photos and captions:

c93946.jpg c36549.jpg c67683.jpg c60237.jpg

Armor display, Fort Hood, TX.

First shot: Clean U.S. tank, nice lines on this one.

Second shot: Combat Engineers rig, also works for plowing snow or clearing seaweed off the beach...

Third shot: Beach Cruiser---complete with surf racks. I can see myself cruising down Ocean Boulevard in this stylin' rig!!!

Fourth shot: I like the armored car on the left... another good model for liquor store runs.

Next set of photos:

c57677.jpg c56216.jpg c71372.jpg c53787.jpg

First shot: Used OpFor Vehicle, available for low down and low monthly payments!!!

Second shot: "Honest John"---good for clearing traffic ahead, getting rid of those pesky OpFor Vehicles, and dealing with that occasional case of extreme road rage.

:rofl:

Third shot: Handy piece of equipment for discouraging door-to-door salesmen and religious zealots.

Fourth shot: For those pesky Gulf Coast skeeters...

Final round of photos:

c44237.jpg c86944.jpg c49029.jpg

First shot: "Mule" good for hauling beer from the fridge to the living room...

Second shot: Traffic chopper... not the kind with cameras, but the kind with rockets (lol).

Third shot: I like the graphics on this ol' Huey... cool!!!

[​IMG]

5. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    This is exactly , why i would like to drive a big rig . Just for a year or so , see some of those nice sites.
    That is some mean looking birds. You know a person don,t live long enough , like to do this, like to do that.
    Not enough years in a life time. BOOHOO.

6. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

#6 Railsplitter, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    Yeah... I'll be honest with ya, at least half the cool places or things I see out there are completely unexpected, I just stumble upon 'em in the course of my travels. The other half I'll actively plan to see, and I make time in my schedule to do so. Every time I'm given a new load assignment, I have to look at the atlas anyway, right? So I also glance at what lies along that route, pick a site or two that will fit in with my trip planning, and go for it. Sometimes, it's only one site that I really want to check out... and that toward the end of the run, so I can hammer down, make good time, and visit that site before coasting on in to my destination. Sometimes, I'm delayed by bad weather, road work, etc., and my plans fall through. Over the years, I've trained myself to first consider trip routing with a "professional eye"---taking daily runs, fuel stops, weather, etc., into account---then I go back over the route once more and look at the recreational possibilities. I don't always do this right away either... I once ran a load from SoCal to Charlottesville, VA, and didn't realize until I was in New Mexico that I would have a stellar opportunity to visit Monticello. Worked out beautifully... delivered the load at 0600 Eastern Time, so I had hours before my employers even made it into the office in CA, and Thomas Jefferson's house was only a few short miles away from the receiver's warehouse. Now, I used to live in VA when I was young, and my family visited Monticello back in the day, but it's always different visiting places as an adult... one has a different perspective. Check out the following shots, which, of course, I shared with friends and family upon my return... that's how I always do it, no matter where I go, so friends and family can share in my adventures. Here we go:

c28489.jpg c49060.jpg c50968.jpg c35079.jpg
    c82151.jpg c60965.jpg c96578.jpg

I also bought postcards, but these are some of the shots I took roaming around the property. Did the house tour first, then cruised around and eventually walked off the mountain to my waiting truck below, walking the same paths and trails that Thomas Jefferson himself once walked... how cool is THAT??? I like the monogram on the gate to his private cemetery; the tall white obelisk or marker is his. Enjoy!!!

7. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Yeah that is nice . I have seen it myself , about wild the way he the made hallways , look same width all the way. They get wider as you walk down them.
    But you don,t really notice it. And he put the pocket in doors that was his invention. That is what i do for a living , build. Always loved doing it.
    Keep them coming , really enjoy . Take me some pics of grand canyon , and painted forest.

8. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

#8 Railsplitter, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    Hey, my thread has been hijacked!!!

Or would that be thread-jacked? Bwahahahaha!!!

c37759.jpg

"Grand Canyon shots? We don't need no stinking Grand Canyon shots!!!"

Check out these photos of the Wild West... seeing as this is a truck forum, I better throw in a few trucking shots, yeah?

c51077.jpg c96432.jpg c16232.jpg c16061.jpg c2329.jpg c8515.jpg c2525.jpg c9034.jpg c14843.jpg c5310.jpg c11536.jpg c23403.jpg c35830.jpg c44841.jpg

Hmm, looks like I reached my limit too soon... story of my life. :rofl: Hey, I threw in that UT sky shot because the clouds over the San Rafael Swell are so real that they look fake, 10?

9. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Auto Banned

#9 Railsplitter, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    "But wait, there's more..."

Got cut off, so here are a few more Wild West shots...

c56542.jpg 28216.jpg c58686.jpg c67928.jpg c65674.jpg c85653.jpg c48256.jpg c74333.jpg c58532.jpg c71173.jpg c60534.jpg c73108.jpg c28714.jpg c39084.jpg

Okay, that last one's actually a stone bridge over 200 years old which spans the Juniata River in PA, but I threw it in because I happened across it in my photo album search and it's a cool shot... I was doing laundry in a nearby laundromat, go figure, and I walked over toward the water, saw this bridge, and went back for my camera. Well, I'd better check to see whether I missed a photo or accidentally posted a photo twice... have a whole heap more, but that cropping and resizing business gets old after awhile. :no:

P.S. One shot shows a couple of Dutch tourists who were trippin' on the truck... I was eating lunch in a turnout north of Silver City, NM, enjoying the view seen in the following shot, when this couple drove up, got out, and started walking around the truck. Most European trucks are cabovers pullin' shorter wagons, so even this little bitty hood and 53' wagon impressed my newfound Dutch friends. Wound up showin' them the sleeper and takin' pictures of them behind the wheel (with their camera, I mean) before they split and I resumed my lunch. I see some of my other shots didn't come out the correct size, despite my efforts at cropping and resizing... ah, well, you'll get the picture anyway, I reckon.

10. crabtruck

crabtruck Senior Member

This July I came out of your neighborhood (sorta)
    and passed that sign that always gives me trouble:
    Left = Vegas, Right = Blythe. Temp = 120F. Sigh.
    Ah, well another time, I was bound for N.C. that day.

Looking at some of those pix makes me wonder if
    you tailgated through the high mountain desert LOL.

Hard for the pix to do justice to the rocky badlands.
    Like a landscape from a Star Trek planet
    during a really really bad episode. :)