good truck? need advice...

Discussion in 'Mazda Truck Forum' started by peterbilt, Oct 6, 2008.

1. peterbilt

peterbilt Senior Member

highschool inmate, lol, work with my dad
    so my dad is thinkin about buying this 1995 mazda b2300, 2wd reg cab like the one following, stick shift, dont know the motor, but i want to know if my ranger will be better or worse. just in general with mechanics, i need opinions! my truck is a 98 ranger 4x4, automatic, and ext cab. tell me please. heres a pic of one very similar

[​IMG]

2. FaselZ71

FaselZ71 Senior Member

Unemployment!!!
    Well personally 4X4 rules out over 2X4 the mazda probalbly houses a 2.2-2.5 litre 4-popper. Being that you live in florida I assume your father lives close so no need to worry about snow. Your truck naturally has better suspension and more HP/Torque and a stronger overall drivetrain due to the 4X4 nature. Umm... I'm not sure if I hit the significance of your post but that little mazda will more than likely kick your trucks butt on mileage. I'm guessing under normal circumstances your probably getting around 14-18 in the city and maybe 22-25 on the highway he's probably gonna get like 22-25 in the city and upwards of 28 on the highway. Anyway if it where me I'd take the 4X anyday!

3. mrjohnwayne

mrjohnwayne Full Member

Oil and Gas field
    Home Page:
    honestly it is the same as a 2 wheel drive ranger...

4. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

It's the same engine mazda placed there engines into ford truck I second the duke.

5. FaselZ71

FaselZ71 Senior Member

Unemployment!!!
    hey I learn new thing everyday! But know that I read and think about it I'm like duh ford and mazda use same motors! But hey thats why I'm a die hard chevy guy. Anyhow... so... umm... yeah kind of a pointless reply but I feel better about myself now and it's all about self esteem these days right!!! lol

6. TrucksGetDirty

TrucksGetDirty Full Member

Whatever you do, don't get the 3.0L. But that truck will last you forever if you keep up with it and treat it right.

Oh back to the question, your truck is much better.

7. chankee

chankee Full Member

#7 chankee, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
    Yup, depending on how you take good care of your ride pal. If that looks very similar, that's a good thing. It looks healthy. If you already had some mazda replacement parts then it's much better because it can still function well.

8. mrjohnwayne

mrjohnwayne Full Member

Oil and Gas field
    Home Page:

You know what? Chevy did it too. look at he older s-10's and the isuzu hombres.. same thing that ford and mazda did..

9. JOHN JAY

JOHN JAY Senior Member

Lose both ideas and buy a Chevrolet one is its American the other is its not a ford.

10. peterbilt

peterbilt Senior Member

highschool inmate, lol, work with my dad
    ok, well, instead of this, theres a truck i got my eye on right now. i gotta make the guy an offer, its a

ready?

1979 ford f150 explorer custom, with 64k original miles on a 351, its only 2wd but its one of the super cab models with the long bed. needs some body work, pics will be up later. the mazda is probably going to my youngger brother, hes 15, im 16, i got the ranger, hes getting the mazda, and my youngest brother is probably going to take the 88 mazda i was holding on to. i want to get rid of the 4x4 ranger and put money into my bus project.

[​IMG]