gear and tire fitment chart

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by mudseeker, Jul 23, 2008.

1. davbell22602

davbell22602 Senior Member

#41 davbell22602, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    I'm interested in the discounted tires not rims. Scroll down to bottom of page and click on discounted tires.

2. BernieB

BernieB Full Member

The free shipping is only on the tire + rim packages. For just tires there's a shipping charge.

I just looked up a set of tires for my GMC and their prices, with the shipping, came to about $200 more than TireRack.com, for the identical tires. Since I've bought from Tire Rack in the past and got a good deal and good service I'd probably go with them again.

3. hotrodpc

hotrodpc Full Member

I have never heard anyone complain about tirerack.com at all. I know 3 people who have bought from them, and all 3 were satified and very happy with the quality for the price.

4. BernieB

BernieB Full Member

Now you know four. :)

5. davbell22602

Yea, the shipping on tires is kinda high. I dont need rims. If I need rims I got set of 16.5in rim with 8lug that just needs tires. I'm just lacking tires right now.

So how does the installation work when buying from tirerack.com?

6. bradrhale

bradrhale Senior Member

County Environmental Health Inspector
    i might be interested if they were closer. it is almost a 2 hour drive from here to the closet store in Shreveport. considering gas mileage of the truck, i cannot find it worth it. besides, i think my tires can be bought around here for close to the same price.

7. BernieB

BernieB Full Member

The same as it works buying from any other online company - you get them installed locally. Tire Rack has a list of dealers that they recommend, but you can have them installed anywhere you want.

8. davbell22602

#48 davbell22602, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks BB, I guess tire rack site tells about warrenty info too?

Heard anything bad about the General grabber ta 2? It has better customer ratings individually then bf goodrich all terran ta/ko. overall customer rating is bf goodrich 8.5, general 8.4 but general has a better warrenty rating too. Bf goodrich has no tread warrenty and general is varies.

9. BernieB

BernieB Full Member

Warranty info is on the site, and they even offer a road hazard warranty for a reasonable price on most tires.

The General Grabber AT2's are what we put on the g/f's Dakota before driving out to Idaho at the end of '07. They now have 20k on them and have been through a lot of abuse, but look good for another 30-40k. I can't say enough good things about these tires, from the excellent traction on snow and ice, very good on wet pavement, and very nice handling. (A couple of those reviews you mention were mine)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BernieB

BernieB Full Member

I just remembered something my g/f's old college roommate said the first time she saw these tires. "They don't have tread, they have canyons. You sort of expect to hear an echo."