Electrical diagrams chevy only

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Forum' started by chevychase, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Ron Hawkins

Ron Hawkins New Member

Computer Network Engineer (Computer nerd)
    #131 Ron Hawkins, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Hi folks, new to the forum - and looking for the pinout for the instrument CLUSTER of a 1994 GMC Sierra 1500.

Is this contained within Hatzie's magical MediaFire downloads?? I haven't had an opportunity to download and look yet.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!! This IP cluster is going in my project truck (1987 GMC S15 Jimmy 2dr getting the V8 treatment!)

Thanks fellers!

2. hatzie

hatzie Full Member

1994 is the first year that GM put the wiring in the various service manuals rather than a separate publication.
    I scanned all of the available 1994 GM service manuals. The Instrument Cluster wiring should be in those manuals.
    MediaFire is a bit of a PITA because you have to actually read the download page to be sure that you're downloading the file you want. MediaFire is compressing random files as archives now. If the extension isn't for an archive like TAR, 7Z, ZIP, RAR, or the original PDF then don't open it.
    Firefox with NoScript is a great thing to block all of the spyware and advertiser sites from running scripts in Flash and Java. You get to control what external scripts are allowed to run. Firefox blocks most Flash applets too unless you specifically ask to enable them.
    7zip is a fairly universal archive tool for windows. Download it from the original source at www.7-zip.org
    Adobe Reader is probably the best reader but it tends to be a bit bloated. Get it from the original source at https://get.adobe.com/reader/
    Be sure to pay attention to both the download and install pages so you don't download and install any "included" extra software.

3. Ron Hawkins

Ron Hawkins New Member

Found the "1994_GMT-94-95-DSLUD_9431_1994_CK_1994-1995_P_G_TRUCK_DIESEL_ELECTRICAL_SUPPLEMENT" - assuming the wiring is the same, with exception of diesel specific stuff. Being a GM employee, you'd think we'd just have access to this stuff, but, this older stuff is archived and buried, and only available to the dealers at this point!!!!

Thanks Hatzie - I think I've found what I've been looking for!! You're the best!

4. Ron Hawkins

Ron Hawkins New Member

Well, unfortunately, i did not find what I'm looking for!

So, does anyone have the instrument cluster pinout for a 1994 gmc Sierra or Chevy Silverado, gas engine truck?

Willing to send money if you do!

Thanks

5. hatzie

hatzie Full Member

As I stated in my prior message the wiring diagrams are spread through the service manuals from 1994 on so you need to start looking for it.
    The PDF files are already run through the ABBY Finereader OCR engine so they are fully searchable...
    Instrument Cluster or Instrument Panel are two good search terms...

Since you need to be spoon fed here you go...

Download the 1994_NATP-9442_DRIVEABILITY_EMISSIONS_ELECTRICAL_DIAGNOSIS_MANUAL
    The information you need is on page 8A-81-8 & 8A81-9.

6. Ron Hawkins

Ron Hawkins New Member

Apparently my original download of this file was corrupted. I re-downloaded this particular manual, and found it. Thank you for posting these files!!

I feel so welcomed, being told I need to be "Spoon fed". That's not necessary, and completely untrue.

The information I was looking for was NOT in my original, 75meg download of this particular manual. Somehow, that's my fault, not being able to find what wasn't there.

This will be my last post to this forum, as with any other forum out there, it doesn't take long to find the people who are really nothing more than ****-skin.

7. hatzie

hatzie Full Member

Obviously the information was there. You found it with my explicit instructions. As I stated GM didn't make it easy to find... this is the main reason I ran the whole shebang through an OCR engine so anyone could keyword search it.

I was good enough to run my own search on the originals and actually tell you what the page numbers were rather than just tell you "They are there so do a PDF search". My annoyance is to be expected. If you're so thin skinned you can't handle that...

If you asked your Prof for information that's explicitly and completely explained in plain language in your textbook what would his response be??? Especially if said textbook was a searchable PDF. Annoyance is the least you could expect.

8. 85TruckGuy

85TruckGuy New Member

Hi All - I'm trying to help a buddy out. He is combining an '85 body with a '97 motor and steering column. He's having a heck of time finding a pin out diagram for the plug on the '97 steering column. He's telling me it's like 48 wires. I downloaded one of the manuals I found on here and am only finding plugs with 32 wires. I'm the middle man here, so might not have all of the information, but hoping for any help I can get. Thank you! This forum looks awesome and I'm hoping it helps him.

9. Markus2227

Markus2227 New Member

Hey guys, I've looked through all the pages and what i need is either not on here or i completely missed it.
    I need wiring diagrams for a 1989 Chevrolet C1500 1/2 ton pickup 5.0l tbi
    Also for 1997 Chevrolet c1500 1/2 ton pickup 4.3l Vortec
    Thanks in advance

10. hatzie

hatzie Full Member

You missed the 89 manuals... Look in post #87 of this thread for the GMT400 manuals.
    All of the 1989 service manuals are available as PDF files. The 1989 wiring diagrams are in full color.
    1997 is not in my collection but the 1998 service manuals may be helpful depending on what you need.