Electric cooling fan

Discussion in 'Mazda Truck Forum' started by gmctrucks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Find another inspection shop pull up don't say a word other than need a inspection see what happens. If another shop gives it to you then now know other shop was full of chit.

MrMarty51 and gmctrucks like this.
  2. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

The only reason I told him was because since they had failed it once I thought a fan relay would have nothing to do with it not passing and I was going to have them hook it up to there machine just to check if it was clear on there machine but then he said it was down.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

I'm so close to just getting a hot one but I really don't want to do that. :(

MrMarty51 likes this.
  4. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Fan relay should not have anything to do with emissions or inspections. I would do like I said try another shop don't say anything. Clear the code so nothing is there start it up go straight to shop. Can take some miles for a code to pop up.

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

the state computer only checks readiness, if light is off and readiness is there all good...

bought the small mac too just for that! check readiness after drive cycle

6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Mr. Leo you know before my check engine wasn't on after some sensor that runs with the EGR valve was put on but the inspection shops computer came up with not read and they drove it I'm saying way more than a hundred miles because they used almost the whole tank of gas we took it FULL and we got it back with 1/8 of a tank then we drove it around for maybe another 60 miles or so before we took it to get inspected and it came up with not ready for inspection so yesterday that O'Reillys checked it the only code was the fan now I'm wondering might have the not ready code would have come up as well????
    Thanks! :help:

MrMarty51 likes this.
  7. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

I`D SAY THAT THAT SHOP IS USING YOU AND YOUR FUEL.

gmctrucks likes this.
  8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

code screen is different than the ready screen for emissions....it is a drive cycle,....

MrMarty51 likes this.
  9. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

Follow the Mazda MPV Drive Cycle below in order to set your Mazda MPV Emission Monitors, including the catalyst monitor and EVAP monitor.

You need to start the drive cycle at a cold start (coolant temperature below 122 degrees F). This is best accomplished after letting your MPV cool down overnight, and beginning the drive cycle process the next day. Also it is very important to make sure that at all times during the drive cycle your gas tank is between 1/4 and 3/4 full; any more or less will not allow the EVAP monitor to run and if all is well get to "complete" or "ready".

Take extra caution while performing drive cycles on public roadways. Drive cycles can be difficult to follow under normal driving conditions.

Begin by:

- Start the engine. Idle the engine in drive for two and a half minutes with the A/C and rear defroster on.

- Turn the A/C and rear defrost off, and accelerate to 55 mph at half throttle.

- Hold at a steady speed of 55 mph for 180 seconds (3 minutes).

- Decelerate (coast down) to 20 mph without braking or depressing the clutch.

- Accelerate back to 55 to 60 mph at ¾ throttle.

- Hold at a steady speed of 55 to 60 mph for 300 seconds (5 minutes).

- Decelerate (coast down) to a stop without braking.

If all emissions systems are functioning properly, completing the drive cycle above will set the "readiness flags", also known as "emission monitors", required to pass the smog check. We recommend completing this drive cycle at least twice on two separate days.

If your Mazda MPV's monitors still show Not Ready or Not Complete after performing the drive cycle at least twice you'll need to have a smog check repair station diagnose any faults that may be causing the specific monitor which is not ready from running or becoming ready.

10. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Thanks Mr. Leo so are you saying to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery then drive as you wrote down to do??

They said the inspection station when it failed that it just needed to be driven and it should go to ready to do the test and the reason it was saying not ready because it had a bad sensor but it was replaced so it had to be driven.

Now I'm thinking the reading they took at the auto supply store wouldn't show if the emissions are ready or the MPV is ready to be checked again to pass or if not ready right?

Mr. Leo and guys I want our vehicle to be all good and not pullute our air and no I'm no tree hugger but I like to do things right or get my sticker the right way.

It makes me sick how these newer vehicles have all sorts of sensors I know it's for better air and better mpg but it can be a pain I know my 23 year old truck will pass right now.

Oh I just remembered the test said it was something to do with a canister but the guy said it's because the sensor was changed and it just needed to be driven to learn all what it has to do again NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is on.
    Thanks! GMC

Another thing when I reset the computer I disconnected the negative cable for 24 hours should I have disconnected the positive cable as well from the battery?

MrMarty51 likes this.