desperately need help with bolt pattern

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by jeffcardinalfan, Mar 31, 2017.

1. jeffcardinalfan

jeffcardinalfan New Member

recently purchased rat rod 40 chevy pu with 8 lug 6 1/4 inch bolt pattern on rear end. it has adapters mounted to use 8 lug wheels with 6 1/2 inch bolt pattern. I have been unable to identify this rear end . I want to get new wheels and not use the adapters. so I don't really have to know what rear end...just need to find 6 1/4 bolt pattern wheels with 8 lugs. any help greatly appreciated.

2. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

It would probably be a common 8 lug wheel found on the 60s, 70s, and 80s Ford, Chevy or Dodge pickups.
    The only differences is that Ford and Dodge used a larger center hole than did Chevy.
    I think if Yo got the wheels from a Ford or Dodge that they would fit no matter what the size of the adapters center wheel hole casting would be, if there is that ridge around the center. If there is no centering ridge then either of the three above mentioned would probably fit.
    The only other thing that would keep the wheels from fitting would be if the adpaters are for the newer wheels and then they would be metric.

gmctrucks likes this.
  3. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

OH YEAH, welcome to the forum Jeff.

gmctrucks likes this.
  4. jeffcardinalfan

maybe I didn't communicate my need clearly...I need wheels with a 6 1/4 bolt pattern...all of the gm,ford, dodge 8 lug wheels listed anywhere are 6 1/2 bolt pattern.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  5. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

I am not really up on the changes to the wheels and the bolt patterns. i do know that sometime in the not too distant past that they all changed to metric sizing.
    Might be that Your adapters are of the metric version.
    I figured that someone in the know might jump in and have the infurmayshun. LOL

6. jeffcardinalfan

hopefully someone will...ive searched the net for hours, called several companies that sell wheel adapters and asked quite a few guys that r mechanics or behind the counter at parts stores.