Best truck (experiences/opinions)

Discussion in 'General Truck Forum' started by Solarflt, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Solarflt

Solarflt New Member

I know this has been debated and argued a million times but I wanted to beat a dead horse once more. The reason being, I have been looking into buying a newer truck soon. I was doing a lot of research on trucks to find my safest bet, but eventually I said why don't I ask some mechanics. So long story short I ended up speaking to five mechanics my family knows and asked them what they thought was the best truck for the driver and the worst for their business. And I was suprised to find all of them said I should buy a GM truck. What are you guys opinions and have you ever heard anything similar? And I always like to hear people's personal experiences with their own trucks

2. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    GM all the way.

gmctrucks and Solarflt like this.
  3. Solarflt

Solarflt New Member

Hahaha thanks for the reply. Nobody else?? Lol

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

:idea: let me think....ive been in a tractor running a brush hog for the last 6 hours...why do people think they will get instant answers?

that said, if you are trying to buy something newer than 4 years, buy new, even leftover new....has full warranty, and lots of deals

gm all the way

5. Solarflt

Solarflt New Member

That's what I've been thinking of doing. I was actually talking to my uncle jimmy earlier (diehard ford guy) and he said he's so fed up with the quality of his truck (2009 f250 5.4) and fords customer service he may look into buying a gmc for his next farm truck. That made my jaw drop because I've been listening to him bash chevy for my entire life lol.

6. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

GMC all the way or Chevy. :applaud::rofl:

Built like a ROCK.....:)

Solarflt likes this.
  7. Kennyray

Kennyray Moderator
    Staff Member

Maintenance
    GM all the way. My last Ford had only 60,000 miles and was a rust bucket. And had a lot of problems.

8. Solarflt

Solarflt New Member

I know how you feel. Me and my father have used dodge rams for work/plow trucks. His is a 95 2500 and mine is an 01 2500. They did there jobs for a good while but they've had hard lives (especially mine) in the last year the truck has costed me over 6k in repairs and it only has 99k miles on it. I mean they've been some hard miles but still. I just retired my 94 grand Cherokee with 300k miles that finally died and he drives a 99 suburban with 280 k miles and no problems (knock on wood). I just need to buy a good work truck and don't want the biweekly headaches anymore lol

9. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    I have a 94 chevy half ton, has about 250k miles on it and stil running strong. The PO must have ran it hard towed alot, had to replace the motor and tranny they were worn out, then just normal wear on parts starters alts, rad, stuff like that other stuff hasn't been a issue and has never let me down but once when the tranny puke.d and gave up other than that I hate to give it up.

10. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

My 1993 GMC Sierra has been good to me with the exception of that 4L60e Trans and as dr wrote above just the regular things that go out water pump and so on.