2016 Tacoma v 2016 GM Truck Twins

Discussion in 'Toyota Truck Forum' started by yorkiemiki, Jan 24, 2016.

1. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    The new Colorado/canyon have not been around long enough to comment on long term reliability.

1 person likes this.
  2. yorkiemiki

yorkiemiki Full Member

Yeah just 2 years after a 3 year hiatus... so does that mean we should base reliability on GM history? Aren't GMs known for being worse for reliability than toyota? I was reading Consumer Reports and for brand reliability GM get's poor so that's what the 2015-2016 colorado/canyons got. But the Toyota is "Excellent" rating for reliability so CR rates the 2016 as reliable.

What do you all think of current GM reliability in the last 3-5 years.... I know they have bad history, but I've heard that they are improving. Well I've heard that all car brands are improving as far as reliabilty.... but toyota and some other brands have always been rated high.

I talk to a lot of handymen and they say that they would go with Nissan or Toyota and those things sell for premiums because they're known as being reliable. I wonder how much is just talk and how much is truth when you look at how modern cars have gotten better overall...