2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71 For Sale

Discussion in 'Truck Classifieds' started by AA9UF, Jun 30, 2016.

1. AA9UF

AA9UF Member

This truck has 171,697 miles on it and still runs fine. The front axle seals need to be replaced and it needs rear brakes soon. They aren't squeaking yet, but close. The body has some rust along the bottom panel below the doors on both sides, which is typical of these trucks. The tires are Cooper Discoverer R/T3 265/70 R17 on alloy wheels. The tires are less than 1 year old. They are all-terrain, so they are a bit noisy on the highway. The photo pictures the truck with a truck bed tool box. I am keeping it for my newer truck. The upholstery is in very good condition...no rips or damage. Everything works inside and out. It has a new Kenwood stereo because CD player did not work in the old stereo. Features include: 5.6 liter V-8 Vortec engine, automatic tranny, pushbutton 4WD, towing package, body color is charcoal gray, interior color dark gray, power steering, power brakes, power driver side seat, outside temp and compass in rear view mirror, extended cab, bed liner in very good condition. Gas mileage is 17 mpg on the highway. This would be a good work truck. Most of the miles were highway miles. In the 4 years I have had it, I have put quite a bit of money into it for repairs. It has a new instrument cluster, new alternator, new canister filter, two brake lines replaced, all new wheel bearings. The www.nada.com price is $7,700. I will sell it for $7100. Cashier's Check only. My location is 3 miles west of Bellflower, IL. Phone after 3 pm weekdays: 309-722-3224.
    upload_2016-6-30_17-51-17.png

MrMarty51 likes this.
  2. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Nice looking truck good luck on the sale.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  3. gmctrucks

gmctrucks Full Member

Why did you have to replace the brake lines?

Another thing cashiers check's remind me of they busted some jokers over here in Texas and other states with fake ones heads up.

leolkfrm and MrMarty51 like this.
  4. jkeaton

jkeaton Full Member

Engineer
    WTH is a cashiers check? lol.... no cash?

gmctrucks, leolkfrm and MrMarty51 like this.
  5. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 Full Member

Sounds pretty good but, beware of them cashiers checks, lots of stolen and fakes out there.

gmctrucks and leolkfrm like this.
  6. AA9UF

AA9UF Member

The rear brake lines started leaking...probably from the "liquid salt" that the snowplows spray on the roads. It is way more corrosive than regular salt. Got this info from the head mechanic where I get my service work done. That is one reason I am having my new truck treated with Zeibart rustproofing as soon as possible. Thanks for the heads up on the cashier's check scam. I will keep that in mind.

gmctrucks likes this.
  7. AA9UF

AA9UF Member

Thanks for the heads up on the cashier's checks. What payment method is the safest for me as the recipient?

gmctrucks likes this.
  8. AA9UF

AA9UF Member

I don't know anyone who has $7100 cash in their pocket just waiting to be spent. A cashier's check is otherwise known as a bank draft. You have to pay the bank cash then they write the check and it is written out to me and nobody but me can cash it....supposedly.

gmctrucks and MrMarty51 like this.
  9. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Alot of cashier check scams are printed to look like the real deal they even use the real banks name but when you cash it days later it comes back as fake and you are left covering it since you cashed it. Money orders can also be fake.

If do any kind of check make them wait till it clears the bank before they take possesion of truck and title or go to the bank the cashier check is wrote for and they can look and scan it and tell you right there if its good.

I bought my car for 6500 bucks I had cash in hand went to my bank and took out the 6500 in cash.

Most deals like cash is king can go to a office supply and get a marker to test that money is real.

Rusty Steel, gmctrucks, AA9UF and 2 others like this.
  10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm Full Member

there was actually a service bulletin about brake lines and rotors for early 2000's.....you also see a lot of rotted fuel doors in those years

i gave just over 5 for neater 2 and it came with a western plow, 83000 miles, will prob have another 1500 into it

gmctrucks likes this.