1983 b2000 sundowner

Discussion in 'Mazda Truck Forum' started by itfitz98, Jun 10, 2012.

1. itfitz98

itfitz98 New Member

The other night on my way home from work whilst rockin out to some Iron Maiden, all of a sudden the stereo went dead. later I found that not only the stereo (pioneer super tuner w/cd), but also the interior light as well as the blower. I found the blower problem when I tried to turn on the AC and it didnt come on. good thing it was only 98 degrees outside. Anyway, I tried hitting the little blue button for the ac and that didnt come on either. Oddly enough the light that says "AC" works with the headlights on which I guess is on a different circuit.

So I figured that the Maiden was just too much for the little truck and checked the fuses and found one that was blown. I thought that would fix all my problems but the only thing that it fixed was the interior light. i checked all the other fuses and the are all good, have continuity between them and power flows from one side to the other with out any hesitation.

I am wondering if there is another fuse box besides the one located in the engine compartment or something else that I am missing.

a 30 mile ride each way with no radio or ac sucks.

2. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED
  3. itfitz98

itfitz98 New Member

apparently the PO had a wire turcked under the load side of a fuse. replaced it and walla.....radio and AC....

4. chevychase

chevychase Semi-Admin
    Staff Member

SELF EMPLOYED

5. itfitz98

itfitz98 New Member

6. Billy OBrien

Billy OBrien New Member

Hello
    I own a 1983 Mazda B2200 Truck. I am in need of a engine compartment fuse block for my vehicle. It doesn't have to be OEM. I just need a block which will work with my year/make/model.

7. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member

dump trucker driver
    Salvage yard would be my guess if auto store don't have a replacement.

gmctrucks and WideTheF#%Open like this.
  8. WideTheF#%Open

WideTheF#%Open Full Member

Left Lane Cowboy & Truck Driving Hero
    #8 WideTheF#%Open, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    I'm thinking those might be interchangeable between Mazda models too... we owned a mid-'80s B2000 for well over a decade, and I remember going to Ecology Auto Wrecking (foreign side) and finding various parts off different models and model years which worked fine. If you haven't tossed the original fuse block due to cracking, corrosion, whatever, take it with you to the wrecking yard and compare it to those you see. Don't forget your tools, LOL... wrecking yards are great, you can save heller money and you can even take the kids, they'll love seeing all those smashed vehicles (mandatory safety briefing prior to entrance, LOL). I remember when I put a hole in the oil pan on the Olds while offroading, I went to Ecology (domestic side) and found a perfect replacement from a different model, the bolt pattern was a spot-on match and the pan looked WAY better than the one with a rock hole in it, LOL. :eek:

P.S. Worst-case scenario, ya might try the nearest Mazda "stealership"---if only to glean information. :confused:

gmctrucks likes this.